Off to the Philippines
Tina and I are now prepared for our first trip of 2019 to the Northern part of the Philippines, in the region of Luzon. We will be spending one week in Baguio City and one week in the Manila area.
Your prayers would be greatly appreciated as we both will be very busy. I will be doing training in expository preaching and preaching myself (at least 9 messages are currently on the schedule). Tina will also be teaching the ladies at the marriage conferences as well as a group of pastors’ wives. I have included our itinerary so that you can know how to pray for us each day.
Feb 1-3 | Travel to Baguio City
Feb 4-8 | Tim teaching module 5 of expository preaching program at Guiding Light Christian Church (GLCC); Tina meeting with pastors’ wives and participating in local outreach
Feb 8-9 | Tim & Tina teaching at GLCC Marriage Conference
Feb 10 | Tim preaching at GLCC in the morning and evening services
Feb 11 | Travel to Manila
Feb 12 | Meetings with local churches in the Manila area to discuss missions opportunities
Feb 13 | All day meeting with the TMAI missionaries for The Expositor’s Academy (TEA)
Feb 14 | Meetings with several pastors to the south of Manila to discuss potential future training
Feb 15 | Rest day and preparation for weekend
Feb 16 | Tim & Tina teaching at couple’s banquet for Higher Rock Christian Church (HRCC)
Feb 17 | Tim preaching anniversary service at HRCC then travel back to Los Angeles
Thank You from Gideon Manda
Specific Prayer Requests
- Pray for health and safety during our travels.
- Pray that God would use the training to equip the pastors to be more faithful shepherds of the flock.
- Pray that Tina and I would teach God’s word accurately and clearly to the couples at the conference and banquet to strengthen their marriages.
- Pray for Brie while we are gone — transportation and taking care of herself.
- Also, please keep praying for God to bring in the remaining support that we need. We are still short of the goal by about $1200/month.
If You Wish to Support Us
If the Lord leads you to support this ministry, you can do in several different ways:
- Credit Card: go to our GMI link. Note that GMI covers all online expenses so that 100% of your donation goes to our support.
- Direct Deposit: print out the form from this link and follow its instructions. The missionary/project name is “Tim Carns”.
- Check: make it payable to “GMI” and write “Tim Carns” on the memo line. Then mail it to Grace Ministries International, 13248 Roscoe Blvd., Sun Valley, CA 91352.